Mt Pleasant, MI
Most of us enter public accounting because we are good with numbers and genuinely care about helping people. H&S Companies is a public accounting firm that values quality work and quality relationships. Our culture supports professionals as they work hard to provide excellent client services while having fun. We offer a flexible work schedule, outstanding benefits and bonus opportunities, while intentionally building teams that allow professionals to grow and thrive. We understand that you have a life outside the office and want you to enjoy that life as well.
H&S Companies is seeking a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with the drive to continually develop and improve, a commitment to helping others, and a focus on providing excellent client services. This professional will be responsible for a variety of tasks ranging from individual and business tax preparation to planning and consulting, so a self-motivated, customer-oriented, team player is essential.
- Prepares and signs individual and business tax returns for clients.
- Prepares compilations for business.
- Performs special tax projects and research activities as tax issues arise.
- Communicates with clients, the IRS and other business professionals as needed.
- Assists with training and mentoring employees.
- Understands and applies work procedures and effectively tailors plans as necessary.
- Participates in community events to network with potential clients and promote H&S.
Preferred education and experience:
- Degree in accounting or related field
- CPA license
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated professionalism, flexibility, and accuracy in all aspects of work
If you can see yourself as part of our team please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.