Join our team of motivated and authentic professionals at one of the largest Michigan based CPA firms!
At H&S Companies, we care deeply for the communities we serve, highly valuing both our team’s well-being and our clients’ success. We work as one unit to continuously improve as a team, impact our clients and surrounding communities, and drive growth toward our firm’s vision and goals, all while fostering positivity in everything that we do.
We offer flexible work arrangements, and provide outstanding compensation, benefits, and learning opportunities.
We have an opportunity for a full-time tax manager to join our tax and accounting group. This role will be responsible for managing the delivery of services to clients related to tax preparation and planning (individual and business), and accounting services. Candidates will be expected to be able to autonomously review tax returns and provide feedback/coaching to preparers, communicate with clients in the delivery of services (verbally and written), and identify planning opportunities for discussion with our Partners and their clients. A successful candidate for this position will be client focused, self-motivated, and continuously learning, while maintaining a caring, authentic, and positive attitude.
- Review and deliver individual and business income tax returns prepared by staff
- Review and deliver accounting services to clients, including financial statement preparation and/or compilation
- Independently and effectively communicate with clients, IRS, and other business professionals (internal and external) as needed
- Understand and follow standard operating procedures
- Perform tax research and stay up to date on law changes
- Identify missing information, errors, omissions, and/or planning opportunities from reviewing prior year documentation, draft returns prepared by staff, and information provided by clients
- Manage engagement budgets and billings
- Provide on the job coaching to team of preparers and staff
Preferred education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field
- Actively licensed CPA or EA
- 5+ years’ experience in a public accounting environment
- Experience with signing individual and/or business income tax returns is a plus
- Familiarity with the following software is preferred, but not required
- Ultra Tax
- Accounting CS
- QuickBooks (online or desktop)