https://www.hscompanies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/HS-logo-edit.png 0 0 revel https://www.hscompanies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/HS-logo-edit.png revel2013-01-29 20:28:412018-03-27 20:43:45PPACA Newsletter
The Patient Protection Affordable Care Act of 2010 (PPACA) is here to stay. Several provisions have already taken effect, but there are many more to come. Read the Special PPACA Edition of the Bottom Line to learn more.
In This Issue:
- 2013 & The PPACA: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, also known as the PPACA, is the single largest health care bill ever passed. It has a monumental impact upon the health care and insurance industry in the United States.
- Non-Discrimination Rules to Take Affect for 2014: The PPACA added Section 2716 to the Public Health Service Act (PHSA), which states non-grandfathered health insurance plans, including fully-insured plans, must follow the same non-discrimination testing rules that apply to self-insured health insurance plans as outlined under IRS Section 105(h).
- Am I Considered A ‘Large Employer’: Only employers who are considered a large employer are subject to the employer mandate provisions of the PPACA.
- Major Changes Effective for 2013
- The Confusing World of Penalties: As you may have read, the PPACA will implement fines for employers who are subject to the new regulations but do not comply. It is still possible, however, for an employer to offer insurance and still get hit with the fine.