New Form for Reporting Capital Gains and Losses

If you’re reporting capital gains and losses from transactions relating to investment property for tax year 2011 be sure to use Form 8949, Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets. Prior to this year you reported this information on Schedule D or D-1.