Join our team of self-motivated and authentic professionals at one of the largest Michigan based CPA firms!
At H&S Companies, we care deeply for the communities we serve, highly valuing both our team’s well-being and our clients’ success. We work as one unit to continuously improve as a team, impact our clients and surrounding communities, and drive growth toward our firm’s vision and goals, all while fostering positivity in everything that we do.
We offer flexible work arrangements, and provide outstanding compensation, benefits, and learning opportunities.
We have a seasonal opportunity to join our pool of tax reviewers for tax season 2024 (January – April 2024). This role will be responsible for reviewing individual income tax returns prepared by our pool of tax preparers. Candidates will be expected to be able to autonomously review tax returns and provide feedback/coaching to preparers, communicate with clients in the delivery of their tax returns (verbally and written), and identify tax saving and planning opportunities for discussion with our Partners and their clients. A successful candidate for this position will be client focused, self-motivated, and continuously learning, while maintaining a caring, authentic, and positive attitude.
- Review and sign individual income tax returns prepared by staff
- Independently and effectively communicate with clients, IRS, and other business professionals (internal and external) as needed
- Understand and follow standard operating procedures
- Ability to identify missing information, errors, omissions, and/or planning opportunities from reviewing prior year tax returns, draft returns prepared by staff, and information provided by clients
- Provide on the job coaching to team of preparers
Preferred education and experience:
- Degree in accounting or related field
- Licensed CPA or EA
- 8+ years’ experience in a public accounting environment
- Experience with signing individual income tax returns
- Familiarity with Ultra Tax and/or SurePrep software is preferred, but not required
If you can see yourself as part of our team please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.